How to get to our location in Puglia, Italy
Please read this information before you book your flights!
Via Madonna dell’Arco 180
EMAIL : [email protected]
We invite new arrivals from 2pm – the retreat gates will open at this time.
Note: your first yoga session starts at 5:30pm, followed by supper at 7:30pm
One group transfer leaves the retreat on Saturday at 10am and arrives at Bari airport at approximately 11:20am
Airports & Transfers
SUNDAY ARRIVAL DAY
(see below for *Saturday option)
On Sunday morning we organise a group transfer from Bari International Airport to the retreat (also known as Bari Karol Wojtyła Airport). Morning flights are the most popular and we suggest you book a flight landing no later than 11:30am. At 12:30 our driver will stand with a Kaliyoga sign in the arrivals area just in front of the only cafe-bar ‘Briciole Bar’ – to see a photo, scroll down to ‘Meeting Point & Contacts’
The transfer time to Kaliyoga is roughly 1hr 20min. We can also arrange a car to meet you at Brindisi Airport.
Note: if you prefer to arrive by car or by train – see below
(*SATURDAY ARRIVAL OPTION)
In case there are no convenient Sunday flights from your city airport, we suggest arriving to Puglia on Saturday, then you can enjoy a leisurely Sunday morning in a local hotel and we’ll pick you up from Bari central train station at around 1 o’clock.
Here is a link to hotels in the vicinity of Bari
SATURDAY DEPARTURE DAY
On the last day, your check-out time is 9:45am, then the Group Transfer leaves Kaliyoga at 10am. Your journey time to Bari Airport will be approximately 1hr 20min.
If you require a transfer to Brindisi, or train station, please tell us on your booking form.
COST : GROUP TRANSFER
The cost varies according to the number of passengers being collected – see below.
5+ passengers : 25 euros p/p
3,4 passengers : 35 euros p/p
2 passengers : 45 euros p/p
1 passenger : 100 euros p/p
HOW TO CREATE YOUR CUSTOMER ACCOUNT
To add your flight arrival information to your booking form, you will need to create a customer account,
1. Complete your retreat booking first, then book your travel and return to the website
2. Sign in or create a customer account
– in the top right corner of the website click ‘sign in‘
– create your account (or sign in if you have one already)
– now click your Name and select Profile
– now scroll to the flight info section of your booking form and add your flight or train arrival info
A few days before your arrival we will send you an email to re-confirm your booking, transfers and helpful info.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +39 342 6190945
Airport Meeting Point
Bari International Airport – also known as ‘Bari Karol Wojtyla’
Please wait for your driver in the Arrivals area at the Briciole Bar
Noe: as you come into arrivals, keep to the right – you will see Bricole Bar directly ahead of you.
We are located in a beautiful world heritage site. If you hire a car it gives you the freedom to explore the local area and beaches during your stay.
(Suggestion: deals at RentalCars.com)
LOCAL CAR HIRE + FREE AIRPORT TRANSFER OFFER
A local car hire firm offers a free airport transfer service when you rent a vehicle for the week. They will pick you up from the airport at your convenience (from Bari or Brindisi) and bring you to Kaliyoga; and they will drive you back to the airport the following Saturday. You will need to provide a valid driving licence, passport and credit card.
Cost 70 euros per day for a medium size 4-door car, fully insured.
To book this service please contact Carmen at Emil Cars (bilingual English-Italian)
Tel. +39 331 907 9545
ARRIVAL TIME 14:00
You are invited to arrive from 2pm (gates are locked until that time)
Press the intercom on the left gate pillar and we will welcome you in the parking area.
Call +39 342 619 0945 for assistance.
Google Maps: search ‘Kaliyoga Retreats, Massaria Pavone’
Sat Nav GPS
Enter the following coordinates into your Sat Nav device:
Latitude N 40.72563
Longitude E 17.33981
Railway Travel - Meeting Point
Bari Central Railway Station
Please wait for your driver at this spot
Martina Franca Railway Station
Martina Franca – our local town – has a train station. There is no taxi rank, so please let us know in advance and we will meet your train at Martina Franca station (no charge). There are trains from Bari, Brindisi, Matera, Lecce, Polignano etc.
Driving Directions from Bari to Kaliyoga
Note: If you are planning to use a Sat Nav, your route might be different from these directions
1. As you leave the airport there are a series of roundabouts. At each roundabout follow signs for BARI / LECCE. Follow this road for approx. 2 km and exit at AUTOSTRADA / BRINDISI / TARANTO – this will take you onto the Autostrada ring road round Bari – continue to follow signs to BRINDISI / LECCE.
2. After approx. 70km of dual carriageway take the exit TARANTO – FASANO CENTRO – ZOO SAFARI
3. Follow signs for TARANTO / LOCOROTONDO, following the SS172 uphill for approx. 6km.
4. After 6km you will pass through the small hamlet of LAURETO
5. Follow sign to Locorotondo. After approx. 3 km you will pass Quinto Colore Commercial center on your left and then you should start to see a view of Locorotondo. After 1,5 Km approx. the road splits into a mini dual carriageway /sort of roundabout.
6. Continue straight ahead following the white sign for Locorotondo up the hill, past the ENI petrol station and Simply market on your left.
7. Continue to follow this road to the top of the hill, bearing slightly left through the town of Locorotondo and start to follow the signs for MARTINA FRANCA – after two sets of traffic lights you will be heading downhill on the main road to Martina Franca.
8. Go straight on at the roundabout, passing the TE garage on your right. 7. After about 2 Km look on the left side of the road for a Q8 Petrol Station where the road has a new section in it. Turn Left immediately after the garage. 8. Follow the road till you reach a T-junction with a sign for Petra Nevara and turn right.
9. Follow the country road. After approx. 1km follow the left-hand bend in the road – do not turn right into the Petra Nevara restaurant. At the next ‘Y’ junction follow the road round to the right. After approx. 300m you will see the entrance gates to Masseria Pavone on the left side of the road. Press the buzzer and we will open the electric gates.
IF YOU GET LOST EN ROUTE PLEASE CALL US ON +39 342 619 0945 and we will do our best to guide you.
Note: On your way back to Bari airport, follow signs to Bari Palese / Airport
Driving Directions updated 17 April 2018 – Download driving directions PDF