Mentoring Program at Kaliyoga - Italy
Mentorships can support either a personal immersion into the yoga practice and wisdom teachings, or support your abilities to teach yoga as wisdom teachings and practice.
Mentorships are of 4 weeks duration, beginning on a Sunday and ending on a Saturday. There are two mentorships available per 4 week period.
Start dates in 2018: April 15 / May 13 / June 10 / July 8 / September 2 / September 30*
Cost: £500 per week – see below for what’s included
You will be guided through an in-depth study of yoga as a life practice, yoga teaching skills if applicable and yoga study as well as being an integral part of a team on of Europe’s most established yoga retreats.
* 3 weeks
Mentorships with Tashi Dawa : 2018
Dates: May, June, July, September & October
Cost: £500 per week
What is included?
- Pre-reading and pre-arrival self-practice program
- Weekly readings and resources
- 2 x daily yoga classes + daily self-practice
- Daily asana, meditation and pranayama practice
- Weekly one-on-one workshops (exclusive to the mentorship program)
- Class observation tasks, assisting and in-class adjusting program
- Weekly feedback and reflective tasks
- In-class teaching exercises on retreat with guests and staff
- Final presentation in the form of your choosing… a talk, a class or a blog
- Karma yoga activities; assisting me in classes, hosting and helping in the shala
- Certificate of completion from Kaliyoga Retreats
- Customised letter of recommendation from Kaliyoga Retreats by request
- 3-4 retreat weeks with access to all areas
- Private accommodation in our shared staff house 10 min walk from the retreat.
- Access to all areas at our wonderful retreat centre
- 3 daily gourmet vegetarian meals
- Return group transfers from Bari airport
- All retreat offerings and activities
- Access to world class therapists
Who is this for?
Whether you are an existing teacher, an aspiring teacher or simply have an interest in deepening your understanding, this immersion offers a great opportunity to become steady and clear in your personal practice.You will be guided through an in-depth study of yoga as a life practice, yoga teaching skills and yoga study as well as being an integral part of a team with one of Europe’s most established yoga retreats.
Kaliyoga strives to provide a world-class yoga teaching program and you are invited to practice, observe and assist the daily classes during our retreats.
Tashi teaches classes using the ashtanga yoga primary series as the basis for sequencing & for breathing, bandha and drishti techniques & practices. She also teaches a variety of cleansing techniques, workshops, a range of meditation techniques, mantra meditations and pranayama.
You become a valuable part of our in-house retreat team, behind the scenes and part of the fabric of life on retreat for our guests. There are always wonderful people from all over the world living, sharing and working at Kaliyoga retreats. You live for the retreat weeks in a private room in our local shared staff house with our crew.
Daily self-practice sessions provide the backbone of the mentorship program and you will self-practice 6 days a week during our retreats. The program of self-practice is supported by Tashi (but not directed by her) so you will have the chance to tailor your self-practice program depending on your interests & preferences.
Weekly one-on-one intensives provide you with the rare opportunity to really integrate the techniques and practices. Tashi shares her wealth of experience and knowledge in key areas:
- Adjusting skills
- Yoga philosophy
During the month you will practice, participate in & observe the retreat program. During observation sessions you will complete observation tasks followed by discussions regarding sequencing, adjusting, language, etc.
Towards the end of the month you may offer adjustments and assistance during the retreat classes and lead short staff and retreat sessions such as relaxations, meditations, yoga nidra & pranayama sessions.
You will offer few hours a week of volunteer support in the shala and the kitchen during the retreat. We have a team of excellent work-exchange volunteers who keep our place bright, fun & super-charged with healthy drinks & snacks. Your duties would include setting up the yoga space each day, taking care of the light supper served on Wednesday evenings for those few guests who elect to stay onsite and giving general support for all of our retreat activities.