Precautions for Covid-19
1. Cancellation and refund policy during the Covid-19 pandemic – updated 19-Nov-2021
- If your booking is postponed or re-scheduled by you or by Kaliyoga within 28 days or less before your arrival date due to changes to Covid-19 regulations beyond your or our control : Customer may request a 90% refund of total booking cost. Alternatively, customer may request a credit voucher with no admin charge.
- If you choose to cancel your booking due to changes in Covid regulations that affect your ability to travel or participate, but such changes do not affect Kaliyoga’s operational status, within 28 days or less of your arrival date: forfeit payment.
2. What precautions against COVID-19 are in place at Kaliyoga?
Regulations in force at the time of your retreat will be followed. Kaliyoga is in Granada Province which currently alternates between level 1 and level 2: all guests can congregate outdoors and 75% in common areas indoors. Yoga classes are permitted with a maximum of 20 people indoors and 25 outdoors. We will limit the number of guest bookings to provide adequate social distancing.
3. How often are the rooms and yoga equipment sanitized?
Your private room and yoga equipment will be sanitised before your arrival. Yoga equipment will be cleaned and arranged for your personal use during your stay.
4. Will I need to wear a mask?
5. Am I required to provide proof of vaccination?
The entry precautions in force at the Spanish border are designed to prevent Covid spreaders from entering the country: unvaccinated visitors must show a current negative test result and we will ask to see this on your arrival; double-vaccinated visitors will be asked to present proof on arrival. We may at our discretion request visitors to take a Covid test on arrival or during the retreat.
6. Are staff tested for Covid-19?
Kaliyoga staff are tested regularly. Lateral flow tests are available on site.